Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Father's Day, Dad

This special Father’s Day letter was written by one of the family members in our care. She asked that we share it with you. 

Happy Father’s Day, Dad
Dedicated to Ronald J. Kaisen

It will be my second year without you being here. I miss you so much. On Father’s Day I loved to bring you little goodies, buy nice shirts and new clothing to dress you up, and bring you the food you loved from Morgan’s and Dunkin Donuts, too. How time goes by.

I’m so glad that I brought Hospice of Palm Beach County in to tend to your care. It was the best decision that you and I made together.  Hospice not only cared for you during your time of crisis, they also helped me with my grief after you were gone. This helped me so much with all of my losses – you, Mom and my child.

Hospice helped to make your last weeks so peaceful. I’m so glad we got to speak to one another before your condition worsened. I will never forget when we were looking at the old family photos hanging in your room and you told me Mommy was coming for you. I’m so grateful that we had our private moment together when you told me how much you loved me and thanked me for everything I had done for you. Then you passed on, but not before telling me these wonderful things.

I miss you and love you very much.

Your loving daughter,

Debra Kaisen-Kasdon King

No comments:

Post a Comment